Thursday, February 1, 2007

Is it real? Life on Mars

I found there to be some interesting facts presented in the National Geographic video Is it real? Life on Mars. Such as: there is no liquid H2O on the surface, it's a cold world -135 F, home to the largest volcano in the solar system, and rock 84001 came from mars.

However, this video also introduced me to a couple of crazy dudes. Zubrin and Hoagland were both coming off as being from another planet when I heard them speak. I reviewed their respective websites The Mars Society and The Enterprise Mission after being introduced to their theories in the video. I found Zubrin's website to be informative, he seems like a mad scientist; however, he is clearly very intelligent. His theories don't seem as far fetched as Hoagland's to me.

Hoagland on the other hand is ridiculous. This idea of ancient ruins/ monument part of which appears to be a face is lunacy. I think Hoagland is not all there, but sometimes people like that are very entertaining. National Geographic did a good job getting Hoagland into the video because it definitly sparked my interest to listen to this guy.

No comments: